A biker jacket and helmet is all well and good, but to really protect yourself, you need to look at motorcycle insurance.
We know, we know. It's just "another expense" you don't need.
We completely get that, but we also see the motorcyclists who consistently come through our doors injured and financially strained through no fault of their own.
Insurance is a legal requirement in the UK for good reason, and it's just not worth risking your physical, mental and financial wellbeing for.
It's not all about the physical risks of riding a motorcycle... it's what comes after
Usually motorcyclists who are either weighing up the risks of riding, or have become injured riding, usually focus on the immediate injuries and inconveniences.
But motorcycle accidents can lead to much more serious challenges than taking the bus while your bike is in the workshop.
Injuries, even those considered less serious, can mean days off work and a subsequent loss of income which could be over a period of weeks or months.
Carbon motorcycle insurance
You can (and should) ultimately go to any motorcycle insurance provider who meets your needs best.
In saying that, we recommend Carbon Insurance Brokers as they are a company we have worked in partnership with for over 25 years.
|Insurance inclusions||Third party (TP)||TP, fire & theft||Comprehensive|
|Damage to other people's property if you're at fault||✔️||✔️||✔️|
Cover to comply with the laws of compulsory insurance while you're riding in EU countries
|Loss of (or damage to) your motorcycle by fire, theft or attempted theft||✔️||✔️|
We'll recover your motorcycle after fire or theft, and take you to where you need to be
|Accidental or malicious damage to (or loss of) your motorcycle||✔️|
|Riding other motorcycles
We'll cover you to ride other motorcycles
|If you're hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn't your fault, you won't lose your no claims discount||✔️|
|New motorcycle replacement
If you've owned your motorcycle from new and it is damaged within six months of purchase
What is not covered?
- Any accident, injury, loss or damage while your motorcycle is being used for purposes not described on your certificate of motor insurance
- Accidents while being ridden by somebody not permitted to ride
- Loss or damage to helmets and protective clothing
- Any consequences as a result of war or terrorism - except where cover must be provided under Road Traffic Acts
- Loss or damage if your motorcycle has been left with the ignition keys
- Damage arising from wear and tear, electrical and mechanical (or computer) failure, breakages or gradual deterioration
- Loss of value following a repair
- Theft of spare parts if your motorcycle isn't stolen at the same time
To get a quick, obligation-free quote on cover, submit an enquiry form on the Carbon website or call the team on 0333 043 1300.
The above policy information has been provided to give viewers a general idea of cover and, as such, does not offer all policy details. To receive complete and up-to-date policy information, please contact the Carbon Insurance Brokers team directly.